Is Sony on your side??? Locked

Started Dec 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Eric Perez Regular Member • Posts: 110
Re: The price differential IS relevant...

G6u7a1m wrote:

Eric Perez wrote:

yea I think with all the threads and postings of a99 complaints it should be obvious. The biggest supporters are the ones who keep saying they just like sony and will not change brands. That's not logical, but it is their choice. I personally think they are afraid. They are afraid that if word gets around far enough, the sales of sony will decline enough to end the sony brand in cameras. This is the ultimate fear of a fanboy afterall, that their brand will sink. Then all that glass they spent a fortune on will be worthless, and they will have to jump to a brand they have been bashing on for years. This is the fear, this is why they don't want anybody posting the negatives of the brand.

So is that your reason for coming onto the Sony forum and praising Pentax. Because you are afraid the Pentax line will cease to exist. You just defined yourself in your own words.

I praise more than just pentax, I have spoke of the 5DIII, the D600, the D800, and am likely going to buy a GH2 just for video. In fact, I rarely ever mention pentax at all, other than disclose what I shoot. Nice excuse. What I actually do is talk about what cameras are a good deal, what is a good bang for the buck. The a57 is priced at $550 right now, ok deal for what you get. The a99 is the other side of that coin, and I choose to agree with others who think it's overpriced.

You are free to say whatever you want about pentax, nikon, the gh2, whatever. You will not sway my opinions of these products though, because I have educated myself and I do not value your opinion. The most you will get from me is an opposed post and a laugh. If you or others are so convinced I am wrong in my views, why is there so much vitriol? There's an old story that explains human reaction:

"If you are dating a supermodel and somebody says she is ugly, you laugh because you know she is not. If you are dating somebody who is ugly and somebody points it out, you get mad because they are pointing out that which you know is true".

You get stronger reactions when criticizing sony than any other brand, there is a reason for this.

EDIT: Speaking of strong reactions, Topstuff wrote: "I know that DPR has a bad reputation for trolls on it's boards, but you guys are way too obvious about what you're doing. It's like a school playground here. If you can't raise your game, just shut up and stop making fools of yourself".

I rest my case...

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
wrz
wrz
wrz
wrz
wrz
wrz
wrz
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow