Why buy a GH3 over FF

Started Dec 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
HowardinOregon OP Forum Member • Posts: 78
Re: Why buy a GH3 over FF

Thus, assuming weight is an inconvience, but not a deal breaker and price is a relatively minor consideration would a Sony a99 be an equal, better or worse choice? Perhaps I should wait a month or two to see if the a99's video autofoucus/noise issues are resolved. I stopped by a Shutterbug store and tested an a77 with the Zeiss 24-70 lens. Found it pleasing in many ways especially EVF, but lens weight was no minor thing. Yet, for a relatively simiilar price  (I've volunteered to provide video footage together with stills for a elementary school) I could purchase 2 GH3s permiting one camera on tripod capturing a wide angle shot while I can use the other at various angles/focal lengths to capture close up action. End results are a DVD for parents and fund raising; stills for parents from 4x6 to 13x17 processed in CS5 Photoshop-Premier and After Effects. In short, is the FF a99 worth the additional cost or is it an example of the law of dimishing returns?

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow