Is Sony on your side??? Locked

Started Dec 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Sam_Oslo
Sam_Oslo Veteran Member • Posts: 3,052
Re: Helpful for some of us

Nordstjernen wrote:

phiri wrote:_

No pro camera has an articulating screen. In the semi pro category, only the Sony has it. In the entry level FF, none has it. Therefore this is awrong question, dont you think so? While an articulating screen maybe important, it can hardly be a deal breaker for many. How many times does one use it in comparison to the VF?

Actually the articulating screen is very helpful in many situations, like macro photography, low angle shooting in general, taking portraits/doing reportage style work while keeping eye contact, and aslo great for astrophotography. I use the viewfinder most of the time, but I would have missed many very good pictures if it wasn't for the articulated screen.

So for some of us the A77/A99 screen is very helpful.

The combination of articulating screen and fast AF in Live View, makes my A77 a really good tool for all kind of odd-angel shots. Including overhead shot, hip-level shot, low-level shot, and you have mentioned some other good scenarios too.

I often use it for low-level/water-level shots of birds on my favorite lake It's essential for my low-level shots, while I'm in a comfortable position without laying down and dirty in mud.

Some other cameras have articulating screen too, but the slooooooooow AF in Live view makes it useless for action shots. I could press the shutter on my good old Canon 550D in live view, but the shot would often fire after the bird had moved or taken off.

Sam_Oslo's gear list:Sam_Oslo's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony 50mm F1.4 Sony 20mm F2.8 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
wrz
wrz
wrz
wrz
wrz
wrz
wrz
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow