Where is Canon 1DX made?

Started Dec 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
rbarta Regular Member • Posts: 284
Re: Bait and switch liars is the problem!

Kaoma wrote:

In the original post I have added 2 links to the stores I have found good deals but my post has been edited out.

I know ALL the meanings of bait and switch and other gimmics but this time did not look like one. I have placed the order for one Canon 1DX on the web at the store in NJ (have checked it and has good reviews, and have bought a Nikon D7000 from them before with no problems) but after 2 days with no activity on the credit card I have called them to find out why the delay. The guy on the other end told me that there are a lot of orders ahead of me and will be a while to get mine rolling..all good. Have asked if this is a BRAND NEW camera or if it came from the 2012 Olympics and I was told that the camera is new, comes bare without any cables, battery, charger, CDs, etc and is a "gray market" ( I have bought gray market products before) since is coming from China...At this time I have asked if the camera is made in China or will be shipped from China but still made in Japan and have been told is made in China...More than that I have no idea, this is the point of this thread to find out if any Canon 1DX is made in China, the seller did not know or passed wrong info. I dont mind to get a stripped down camera as long is brand new and made in Japan. Since the links have been deleted, if anybody will PM or email me I will respond with the links for that somebody to ask the dealers and find out what's what.

The 1DX charger sells for $540.  A LC-E4N batter costs $170.  This alone is over $700 and you need these.

You can probably download the software for free and don't really need cables or strap.  What if it doesn't come with the eye cup, where are you going to find a replacement one of those and at what cost?

But is it worth it to save $300 on a $6800 camera, to get a speculative camera with questionable background.  You should withdraw your order ASAP.

rbarta's gear list:rbarta's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow