A breather and Perspective ( A bit OT )

Started Dec 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
Stacey_K
Stacey_K Veteran Member • Posts: 8,373
Re: Yes a breather.

Jolly Oly wrote:

Stacey_K wrote:

I'm glad this was released. I decided to "switch gears" and get a nikon D7000 + a few lenses while olympus decides what they are going to do. I did keep my ZD glass and if they release some type of hybred camera that will focus well with 4/3 glass and has "modern" sensro technology, yes I will get one. The nikon is a fun camera and I'm not sorry now I got it. I would have been unhappy to have spent a -lot- on a top shelf M4/3 (+ new m4/3 lenses) and then hear this..

why ? if you get one, it is almost certain that in the future you'll add a mFT primes and dump your Nikon gear. Imo going to Nikon route and than coming back is a worse solution than to go with mFT and just add a hybrid pdaf capable body later.

And we still have no clue what they are actually going to make or how well it will work with 4/3 glass. I'm hopeful it will be something nice but who knows if even this is any more than a rumor. Olympus officially being so silent on this is the main reason I gave up on them. I'm sure I'm not the only one who got tired of waiting on them to do something or at least announce what direction they plan to go. Like where is the road map for their system like they used to publish? They clearly don't see to care much about 4/3 users and I'm not holding my breath they will "optimize" a camera body for them.

-- hide signature --

Stacey

Stacey_K's gear list:Stacey_K's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Sony Alpha a7 +16 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow