Dell monitors U2711 and U2410 - different versions of antiglare in newer revisions?

Started Dec 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
7enderbender Contributing Member • Posts: 822
Dell monitors U2711 and U2410 - different versions of antiglare in newer revisions?

Hello everyone,

I'm in the process of getting a new desktop for editing at home. I'm about to move from Win XP to Apple which of course comes with a few caveats, some of which I believe make choosing a monitor more tricky. I'm still trying to decide if I want to 1920x1200 24" screens or one 27" screen at 2560x1440.

In any case, the Dells seem to have more flexibility with their connections and seem really nice monitors overall. I'd prefer the 27" NEC probably but it limits the connection options and has no HDMI port.

I went to a store today and looked at the U2711. Really liked the color options via the OSD (I'd calibrate with an x-rite Colormunki) and overall sturdiness etc. What bugged me though was the specific antiglare coating on that one. Much nicer on the equivalent HP (which also doesn't have HDMI).

So in any case, the Dells seem really nice otherwise and I read that the later revisions of the U2711 and U2410 had better (i.e. less "sparkly") coating than the earlier versions. I wouldn't be surprised if the floor model that I saw today had been sitting there for a while. Can anyone confirm that the latest versions look different? I certainly want matte/antiglare coating on my monitors which is one of the reasons I'm looking to get the Mac Mini and not a iMac or Mini+Apple Display. But this didn't look right compared to, for instance, the HP ZR2740w right next to it.

`

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow