A breather and Perspective ( A bit OT )

Started Dec 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
DavidH202 Senior Member • Posts: 1,552
Re: A breather and Perspective ( A bit OT )

Craig from Nevada wrote

"I may be the only person on this site that sees the reasoning with the Olympus approach. Basically, they are telling E-5 owners to hang on. The next camera is coming and don't abandon Olympus. Once a user abandons Olympus, they will have a very difficult time getting them back. For example, there are those among who might be enticed by Pentax.The OM-D EM-5 simply fits into the market segment occupied by the E-30. It is not the replacement for the E-5. The next camera will be the replacement. Who is going to buy the camera? Current E-5 and E-3 users."

I agree 100%.

I have not bought into m4/3 at all or the E-5, and am still very happily shooting with my E-3. I have a very complete arsenal of HG and SHG lenses (just added the 150F2) and am very confident the next iteration of the "flagship" model will blow the previous ones out of the water.

The Sony - Oly arrangement suits me just fine, it will be bringing super tech to the next flagship!

I'm being patient!

David

DavidH202's gear list:DavidH202's gear list
Olympus E-3 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD +25 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow