Is Sony on your side??? Locked

Started Dec 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
topstuff Senior Member • Posts: 1,209
Only agree with some of what you said

I am hoping to see the A99 come down in price.

I am also disappointed that the A99 is not bundled with a lens, in the same way Canon offer the 5D3 with the 24-120.

Maybe we are just being impatient and need to wait a couple of months to see the price start to fall.

Canon has recently started charging a lot more for their FF cameras.  Both the cameras and the lenses are crazy expensive at launch.

I think Nikon are the odd one out here.  They are being VERY aggressive in the market, slashing a fortune off new bodies, presumably to capture people who will buy more lenses.

If I had got a D600 or D800 a few months back I would be very unhappy now.  And the resale value of Nikons has plummeted as a result.  This could hurt Nikon in the long run - when new models come out people will be very cautious to buy, expecting the price to fall hugely if they wait.

Finally, the D600 is not in the same class as the A99.  It's not about the sensor.  It's about all the other extra features.  Lets not forget the D600 is essentially a D7000 with a FF sensor.  A great camera though.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
wrz
wrz
wrz
wrz
wrz
wrz
wrz
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow