Panasonic GH3 Tips and Tricks Setup Guide Video

Started Dec 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
mpgxsvcd OP Veteran Member • Posts: 8,093
Re: Panasonic GH3 Tips and Tricks Setup Guide Video

Zoeff wrote:

mpgxsvcd wrote:

The flash exposure cannot be set with a Function button. You must navigate through the menu to change this setting.

Actually, if you have "Auto Exposure Comp" set to ON in the flash menu you can use the top scroll wheel to adjust the flash output relative to the metered amount after pressing the exposure comp button (The back scroll wheel adjusts the regular exposure comp). In manual mode however the top scroll wheel doesn't change the flash output in any way and you really do have to delve into a sub-sub-menu just to change the output which is just silly. I'd expect it to give me the option to change the luminosity ratio...

Perfect! You get a gold star. Thank you for pointing this out. That is exactly correct. It works in every mode but manual. With the GH2 I could control it in manual mode. It would be nice to be able to control it with the GH3 as well.

This is exactly the kind of thing that this thread is for. I can't test everything and the knowledge sharing will get everything sorted out faster.

-- hide signature --
 mpgxsvcd's gear list:mpgxsvcd's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow