Win8 vs. Win7: How is it (ignoring new interface)?

Started Dec 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
Sean Nelson
Sean Nelson Forum Pro • Posts: 12,833
Re: Windows 8 or Windows 8 R/T?

raminolta wrote:

Archer66 wrote:

Sean Nelson wrote:

Archer66 wrote:

Franglais91 wrote:

Just a reminder in case someone goes out and buys the wrong product - there are two very different versions of Windows 8 ...

A Windows 8 tablet and a Windows 8 R/T tablet look pretty much the same, but they aren't. The R/T tablet will probably last much longer on a single battery charge thanks to its energy-efficient CPU but your choice of software is fairly limited for the time being.

You cant buy just Win 8 RT so this wont be a issue.

I'm not sure what you're claiming not be be "an issue". Windows 8 RT has a very limited selection of apps available compared to Windows 8 on an Intel-based tablet. That's the issue Franglais91 was warning people about, and it's a very real one.

As I said you can't buy Win 8 RT separately so there is no danger of buying wrong version of Win 8.

I guess he probably equally warned against buying a hardware with RT on it.

I guess.   The issue people have to watch out for isn't buying the wrong version of Windows 8, it's buying a Windows RT system (which comes with the RT version of the OS) and expecting to run Photoshop on it.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
tko
(unknown member)
BJN
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow