A 'hidden cost' of being a pro Locked

Started Dec 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
quallsphoto Regular Member • Posts: 275
Re: Not so sure

PenguinPhotoCo wrote:

Not sure if I'd be scared or just an idiot to take my computer to someplace...assuming the data was still inside.
When I was young I was told the 'information age' was coming where 'information' would be where the value/money was in life.
Yep - I have 1.2tb of 'information' and value. I can't fathom losing it. I'd be bankrupt with a ruined reputation.

PenguinPhotoCo,

In my experience, you are the type of business person that needs to develop a relationship with a trusted, independent computer repair company.  In my area, even an average independent computer repair facility provides much higher quality service than chain stores that do not guarantee transfer of data.  (Read the fine print on your liability form when dropping off a PC or Mac for any type of service.)

A very close business associate own Advanced MicroSystems, a local computer repair shop in my area.  Local business people LOVE his shop because it saves them Time and Money, especially when doing computer upgrades.  Successful independent computer repair facilities like this hire experts who have the skills and experience using specialized hardware & software tools to quickly and safely perform upgrades, repairs, and (in some cases) recover corrupted data.  Plus, many are willing to discount their service for repeat customers.  NOTE: For reliable service for your business, I recommend that you go to a computer repair COMPANY, not a lone computer expert who performs "side jobs" from time to time.

Which is really best -- spending 40 hours (5 days x 8 hours) x $$$ (your hourly rate) to setup your new computer system on your own?  Or paying a professional a flat fee to have it done in 1 business day?

When planning your next computer system upgrade, I encourage you to ask some of the local business owners in your area about their computer repair experience.  Not every computer shop is the same, just as not every automobile mechanic is the most reliable.  But when you find a good one, they are WORTH IT!!!

Just my 2 cents . . .

DQ

www.quallsphotography.com

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
BAK
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
eNo
eNo
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow