Should Nikon be sued for non-acceptance of D600 spots issue?

Started Dec 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Nikonfan99 Senior Member • Posts: 1,411
Re: stop it with the lawsuit talk

intensity studios wrote:

nikulkarni wrote:

I called Nikon customer service and asked what they have been doing about the problem and is there a possibility of it getting fixed? The guy was not ready to acknowledge that this problem even exists. I do want to buy this camera, but now I am not buying because of this ignorance. He said that what you read are rumors and not the truth. We have no such complaints. Wow!

How many agree with Nikon CS and I want to ask the user how big is this an issue really? Should I buy this camera as the issue is really small or wait and buy a D800 instead. I need some advice.

Thank you.

Nitin.

Yes, the oil spots issue is real in a small number of cameras if you shoot completely stopped down at a bright wall. But in real world applications, it's not an issue.

Also, it is VERY expensive and can take several years to sue a company. And even if you were to win, only the lawyers would get anything.

I don't know anyone who has bought a D600 and hates it. The ones hyping up this minor oil spots issue are canon trolls

-- hide signature --

"Yes, the oil spots issue is real in a small number of cameras if you shoot completely stopped down at a bright wall. But in real world applications, it's not an issue."

Really? Where did you get this from? I had it at even f4.5. How about white/grey bakgrounds in a studio? Please dont make light of peoples problems and no I own a d70, d90, d7000 and d600 so I am not a canon troll. I do feel that people that dont want to risk a sensor should not have to deal with a cleaning every 1,000 shots. That is the option to either risk the warranty and do self wet clean or be without your gear for weeks at a time

Nikonfan99's gear list:Nikonfan99's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
eNo
eNo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow