HS Girls Basketball

Started Dec 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
OP Clay King Regular Member • Posts: 306
Re: HS Girls Basketball

Thanks for the detailed response.  I think I will end up saving my pennies and waiting for the 7D replacement (surely it will pick up quite a bit of usable ISO).  At the same time I will just keep watching for a deal on the 5DIII that is too good to pass up.

Like you I shot softball last year with 70-200 f/4 (although mine was non-IS) and was very happy with it.  For additional reach I have the 1.4 extender, and am considering getting the 2.0 for my f/2.8.  That would give a LOT of reach and still maintain an f/5.6 as well as my AF.  The biggest reason I would consider the 1DIII is for the fps in softball.

Thanks for the compliment on the pics, this is only my second season shooting so I am very happy with where I'm at for this stage in my development.  Thanks for posting your 5DIII pics, looks great at 8000.  And kudos to the photographer as well!

Thanks,

Clay

Clay King's gear list:Clay King's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow