A 'hidden cost' of being a pro Locked

Started Dec 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
OP PenguinPhotoCo Veteran Member • Posts: 6,284
Re: A 'hidden cost' of being a pro

I investigated SSDs very carfully and was told their value was in having the OS on them. Since the computer came ready to run that would have meant replacing the C drive and reinstalling windows and any/all drivers. At least this computer came with a windows CD (my last 5 have not had ANY cd of any kind included).
Second, I've spent countless hours over the past 2 years moving/deleting data as my main work drive was all too often at it's capacity. So moving from a 750 to a 1Tb (or larger perhaps...) was going to have to happen.
Internal drives are always faster than external - eSata may be an exception but then it's only 'as fast'. This box/mobo can hold 4 data drives in addition to the C drive and DVD, most in SATA 3 and 2 configs.
I have an external box that I use for backup, usb connection. It supposedly is capable of eSATA but my attempts to connect it as such have not been successful.

-- hide signature --

Before everything else, getting ready is the secret of success. -Henry Ford

PenguinPhotoCo's gear list:PenguinPhotoCo's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
BAK
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
eNo
eNo
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow