Fashion Show

Started Dec 19, 2012 | Questions thread
hotdog321
hotdog321 Forum Pro • Posts: 18,160
Re: Fashion Show

MikkyG59 wrote:

I use a Nikon D7000 / 18-200 VR11 and a SB 900 Flash with a stand (for the flash). However I'm concerned with using the flash on the hot shoe or using on board Flash. Should I be concerned using the on board flash?

Would it be enough to set my iso to 200, set the camera to "A" and use the onboard Flash?

Could you give me some advice on this and thank you in Advance.

Is this a runway show? I've shot hundreds. The key factor is going to be the existing lights. You will almost certainly need to shoot at a iso closer to 800 or 1600, in my experience. Models move down the runway fairly fast, but generally they hit a pose at the beginning, end and sometimes the middle of the runway. Hopefully the lights are constant--I would shoot manual. The automatic setting is going to give you all kinds of screwy exposures depending on the fabric--black, white, shiny, etc.

A flash can be useful to provide a "blink" of light to fill in bad shadows--or save you if the light is really cruddy.

hotdog321's gear list:hotdog321's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Canon EF 11-24mm F4L +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow