Which rocket blower and cleaning solution?

Started Dec 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
(unknown member) Senior Member • Posts: 1,549
Which rocket blower and cleaning solution?

Only a few weeks after getting my K-30 I noticed a hair/fibre in photographs. I have learnt not to change lens inside a dusty bedroom and always have the camera body pointing down (although I know dust can travel upwards with heat convections).

I also noticed two spots in the viewfinder but as these don't come out in photos they must be on the mirror.

Well I didn't have a blower and used a bicycle pump ( I know NOT GOOD ) to blow the fibre of the sensor but I'llnever do this again and I need to buy a good blower.

What about the Giottos Rocket blower?

For lens cleaning I heard lens tissues aren't recommended and I am using a Hama microfibre cloth.

I also have a little bottle of TV LCD cleaner but I haven't used this in conjunction with the microfibre in fear of it dissolving the lens coating or something drastic. Recommendations for liquid cleaner please!

Simon

Pentax K-30
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow