OIL, Copperhill Products , PecPads or QuickStrips ? What is Best?

Started Dec 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Flat view
Hawaii-geek Veteran Member • Posts: 7,984
OIL, Copperhill Products , PecPads or QuickStrips ? What is Best?

OIL,  Copperhill Products , PecPads or QuickStrips ?  What is Best?

I totally realize this has been discussed before , many times.

But, just went thru about 12 photographic Solutions PecPads  trying to clean up all the OIL that is on my D800 sensor.   a Few spots are still left (blurred but still there , f11 , f22)

So, guess i am going to get a little more serious and buy some gear for this.  What is the Best items to buy.

Here is my reference fyi:

1)  What is BEST  ...  PecPads or  QuickStrips?

What is the Difference , Both are Pre-Cut pads that you have to put on a stick , right?

2)  IF you go with the QuickStrips ... is there any way to get at least one extra STICK to put it on?

3)  Being that I already have a large GIOTTO blower , and I love my LensPen "for lens" ...  This is what I was planning on buying as listed on Copperhill ... to start the conversation:

Sensor Mag  ...  us$ 29.95

Wet/Dry KIT , 18mm  ...  us$ 55.95

Guess it comes with the Sensor Swipe ,

BUT it does not seem to come with the LensPen SensorKlear?    (strange, nor do they have it listed separate)

What do other's think ?   is this what I need?   Is it the best solution and at the best Value?

Is Amazon with Free shipping the way to go?    (B&H is not free shipping for things like this to Hawaii even though it is free shipping to other US locations, so it ends up not being an item I buy from them)

Thank you, for the Help

-- hide signature --

Please feel free to criticize, make suggestions, and edit any of my photos & re-post, to help show me 'the way'. * I am trying to Elevate the Level of my 'Snap Shots'

Hawaii-geek's gear list:Hawaii-geek's gear list
Sony RX1 Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Sony Alpha a99 Sony Alpha 7R +19 more
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow