You know its coming....Canon's copycat RX100

Started Dec 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
(unknown member) Senior Member • Posts: 2,853
Re: G2X?

ROFLMFAO....Krugman, you're always good for a laugh. Marco may occasionally post some pictures that people like and discuss his technique, settings, or whatever in the tone of humble photographer, but don't delude yourself into missing the subtle undertones of a massive ego at times and at others, in times of any disagreement with his opinions or critiques of his style, overtones of pure hypocrisy and superiority all part of an excessive defense of his insecurities.

If you didn't notice those aspects of his personality in that asinine rant of his against RAW then nothing will convince you. How a person can say in one paragraph "the ONLY valid argument presented by those advocating RAW is that RAW is 'future-proof' and this is the biggest misnomer put forth so far because RAW is anything but guaranteed to be convertible or retrievalbe by future programs" only to go on to say "nobody is telling you 'don't shoot RAW'. There are indeed benefits for doing so." Wow, really? So the only valid argument isn't valid and yet there are still benefits? Does that mean the benefits aren't a valid argument? Jeez, my head spun after that, but any discussion with Marco where logic is required seems to be a head spinning proposition.  Not long after he rambled about people being color blind as a reason for everyone to trust a camera's color rendition and tone curve because, even in the absence of true colorblindness, we might have less than perfect color interpretation....oh jeez.  The list of his inane attempt to defend his absolutist and self-righteous positions is endless, as are his attempts to say he's not self-righteous or absolutist...he's just right.

Just as the benefits of shooting RAW are an obvious fact, not necessarily outweighing one's own preference for time investment or standards of output they are satisfied with, the fact that Marco is an angry as well as pompous, pretentious, and catty is equally obvious to anyone not foolish enough to let their admiration for him, misplaced though it may be, overwhelm their ability to spot an amazing lack of logic or hypocrisy. It's really too bad that his post "Howardroark: Self indulgant Sociopathic thread troll" (ver batim) was taken down. It's also too bad that his paranoia about voting fraud and him being convinced I was determined to destroy the last of his thread doesn't strike you as a bit off putting. If he'd responded with something other than vitriol I might have told him that the previous method of reporting total posts had recently been changed and when it read "149" I still thought that meant posts and not the new heading "replies". After I discovered I'd used up number 150 I even tried to withdraw a previous post so as not to give him ammunition to imply I'd intentionally gotten the last word.  Didn't work.

You're both deluded and convinced a logical argument and criticism are strictly malicious.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow