PC-E Why does Nikon let Canon crush it in this area?

Started Dec 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
Marcin 3M
Marcin 3M Senior Member • Posts: 1,563
Re: It doesn't matter that this is a close up photo because I'm applying this,

Apewithacamera wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scheimpflug_principle

You may believe that this lens doesn't need tilt but I believe you lack the creativity to exploite such a lens. I already desire a TSE/PC 14mm just think of the possibilities of that lens; oh wait I shouldn't be asking you........

Why waiting?

My Super Angulon XL 47mm gives me possibilities that are not available to any ts-e or pc-e lenses (being in fact much wider than Canon's 17mm TS-E). And for years now.

Nice, You have discovered Scheimpflug rule. My first enlarger I've bought back in 70-s was able to apply it - and it was really fun to do some experiments with it.

Fireworks of creativity with shooting toys are far behind me. As well as "discovering" of the possibility of lens movements.

But time goes. Sorry, but focus stacking is in many cases is simply better than tilt function. Also, on location, it's faster than fiddling with tilt angles - if You want to get the best from the image. And it's free, with every Photoshop. Also with some free software.

Dear friend, even in photography there are many new things to be learned about. Not only manufacturer's catalogues listings.

-- hide signature --

Marcin_3M

Marcin 3M's gear list:Marcin 3M's gear list
Epson Stylus Pro 3880 Adobe Photoshop CS6 Nik Capture NX Phase One Capture One Pro Portrait Professional Studio 64 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
glo
(unknown member)
Ian
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow