Winter morning, Tucson AZ
Yeah, the only option really is to crop the sky, as showing more of the town would have included the white roofs of high commercial buildings.
Shadows are a conundrum for me. Lately I've been consciously making mental notes on just how opaque shadows are(or not) and how much detail is visible therein. Trying to interpret what is visible to the eye in a manner that is both representative and poetic is a challenge for sure. Your version is more dramatic and eye catching but is too dark, while mine is lighter but flat. So….
Reworked a bit with cues from your version:
Thanks for your response, made me think a bit.
PS Viewing the original is more accurate.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sunflower Field by GrannyMeg|
from An impressionist piece
|Flag from Staten Island Ferry by wam7|
|Windswept juniper by Kreber|
from Wind power
|SAND SCULPTURE by duskman|
from Landscape - Black and White #4