Need your suggestion in first lens for wedding photography

Started Dec 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
Manny82 Contributing Member • Posts: 600
Re: Need your suggestion in first lens for wedding photography

datsphotography wrote:

Ok now how about a twist to this D600 full frame first or lens first ? the D600 will downgrade to my DX lenses and I can rent 2.8 lenses till ?? what do you think about this line of thinking ?

That sounds like a very good idea and yes you are right - you can still use your DX lenses. It also means you have a backup body too - which is always a bonus.

Just be careful in picking the right D600 though, i don't know too much about the subject but i know that a lot of the early production units have dust/oil issues on the sensor. I don't know if this has even been rectified by Nikon yet. Otherwise the D600 is the current model of choice for wedding and event photography.

Just another thought as well, i like the idea of having two bodies with two good primes as opposed to having one body with a zoom. What about the idea of getting a D600, 28mm f/1.8 and then maybe a 50mm f/1.8 for the D300 - giving you a field of view close to 75mm on the D300? I'm sure that setup would give you good range, a backup body, plus two lenses that will blow the 24-70 out of the water.

Manny82's gear list:Manny82's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon 85mm F1.8G Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow