Lens with "wow" effect !! :-))

Started Dec 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
brightcolours Forum Pro • Posts: 15,767
Re: Opps; My bad..........

DFPanno wrote:

brightcolours wrote:

DFPanno wrote:

...Thanks for the head-start.

My poor M-N has been siting in the closet for years on my old Ftn.

Nikkormat Ftn... It uses normal (pre-Ai) F-mount. So maybe you are not talking about the industrial ultra-micro-nikkor 55mm f2, but the (also lovely) micro-Nikkor auto 55mm f3.5?

For this lens you need a F-mount to EF mount adapter. The old version with metal scalloped metal focus ring is super sharp at macro and close up distances, with lovely bokeh. A really nice lens which is much easier to use and more versatile than the ultra micro nikkor I was posting about.

For the 55mm f3.5 micro you need something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AF-Confirm-Nikon-F-Mount-Lens-To-Canon-EOS-EF-Adapter-For-60D-7D-High-Precision-/370549816625?pt=US_Lens_Adapters_Mounts_Tubes&hash=item56467d7d31

You have helped me give it a second life !

Best !

Dave

Your are right; I forgot the max aperture was 3.5.

Please forgive me for wasting you time !

No worries! The outcome is the same: you have a nice 55mm macro lens, which now will get some use on your 5Dmk III! And now you know which kind of adpater you need to give it a 2nd life.

I've never heard of the lens you are refering to and mistook it for my own.

The lens you have is a lovely lens still, which can still compete with modern day macro lenses. It does 1:2 magnification, and with its Nikkor M extension tube it will do 1:1 (if you happen to also have that extension tube). I measured mine (I also have this 55mm f3.5, with Nikkor M extension tube) and it is 21 or 22mm.. So if you do not have the tube, you can use any Canon extension tube around that size and reach 1:1 with the lens. All you will need is one of those F to EF mount adapters, which do not cost much.

Your images have a very unique look to them.

Thanks... the 55mm f3.5 also has a very nice look/rendering in its images. It is also one of the sharpest macro lenses one can own still, so by all means give it a chance with an adapter like the one I linked to in the post above.

My apologies again.

No problem, really. Enjoy your lovely 55mm f3.5!

Dave

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow