PC-E Why does Nikon let Canon crush it in this area?

Started Dec 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
MrCrowley Forum Member • Posts: 79
Re: PC-E Why does Nikon let Canon crush it in this area?

eajames wrote:

"The 45 is junk" Are you kidding me? This len is amazing. I don't understand all the trash talk on Nikon's PCE's. The image quality on the 45 and 85 is incredible. The movements work fine and if you want both axis, send it in.

+1

The 45 is a superb lens - although it reliably fringes in high contrast areas, I can check the "remove chromatic aberration" box in ACR with no decreeable decrement to image quality. Sharp as can be - even opened up - creamy bokeh, stellar build quality, very close focusing; me thinks Larry or his 45 was dropped as a child.

you can do this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPXTJ8DuUEAto change the movements on the PC-E 24 but you need to send the 45 and 85 to Nikon first.. when they do the change they replace the ribbon/cable for a longer one... but after Nikon did it you can do it yourself as you need it. Make sure you don't strip the small scows in the process. Other than that it's not too big a deal. Not everyonece cup of tea but there is a way .... I'll send out my 45 soon....

MrCrowley's gear list:MrCrowley's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 500mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
glo
(unknown member)
Ian
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow