D800 vs MF Film, not a standard question

Started Nov 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
Leif Goodwin Senior Member • Posts: 1,390
Re: Actually,

lukaw wrote:

MiraShootsNikon wrote:

lukaw wrote:

You have the facts wrong. Digital surpassed film a while ago.

Once you've got a full frame Nikon system's worth of investment in the hope / belief / prayer that digital can reproduce a medium-format film look, it's awfully hard to exercise unclouded aesthetic judgment. I know it--I've been there.

So it's OK man. Keep doing what you're doing. More film and more adoring clients for me.

mira

I'm sure that sticking to film has nothing to do with inability to master photo shop and handling digital images.

You are part of a growing trend that spreads as a wild fire.

More and more, like you, are reverting to prepare their own glass plates, shooting with burning magnesium powder to provide the light for photography and some even revert to using pinhole cameras.

All the above (including film) almost certainly assures artistic results, even when it looks like cr@p.

I'm sure that your "adoring clients" care very little how the image looks, as long as they know that it was shot with film.

Now I'm convinced. Do you mind showing us one of your images, that your clients adore so much?

I just wonder why people like you lurk on a forum that is dedicated to inferior digital medium.

Unlike some people here. Mira did answer the question, and the question was about film and digital.

-- hide signature --

Leif Goodwin's gear list:Leif Goodwin's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm F2.8G ED Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow