Goodbye Nikon

Started Dec 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
J Birn Contributing Member • Posts: 877
Re: Goodbye Nikon

I agree Sony lenses are over-priced. Even some of the 3rd-party lenses sell the Sony-mount for the same price as Nikon or Canon mount, even if the Nikon and Canon mount lenses have VC built-in and the Sony versions don't. They explain that the Sony cameras have VC in the body so they don't need it, but when they take that out of the lens the price really should come down.

Recently, since I upgraded to full frame, I've been re-thinking my lens strategy, and I've realized I was getting too many lenses that each involved their own compromises, instead of focusing on just getting a few really great lenses. I don't really need to take the CZ 24-70 off the camera to put on a prime within that zoom range, for example, if the CZ 24-70 gives me better quality than many of the primes I could be using. I still need to pick one FF wide-angle lens, but then I'm going to try to slow it down and not get so many lenses as I had been buying. One really great lens is worth more than two or three lesser lenses.

-- hide signature --

Jeremy Birn

J Birn's gear list:J Birn's gear list
Sony RX100 V Sony Alpha a7R III Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sony FE 28mm F2 +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow