Problem with OMD and Metz flash in RC mode

Started Dec 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
FrankParis Senior Member • Posts: 1,042
Re: Problem with OMD and Metz flash in RC mode

Thanks. I finally understand what you were trying to say. I set it to M and 1/4 and as you describe, received no exposure. Sorry for this big distraction, but useful information came out of it, informative to me if nobody else. So I do have a problem, exactly as you describe, only it isn't a problem for me really, since I haven't had the need to do this (so far). I use RC mode for remotely firing the Metz macro flash, and my problem with this is the same problem I had with a series of Nikon macro flashes (the SB-21, the SB-29, and the R1C1): underexposure by a full stop on average. So I've never experienced the need to decrease the flash effect. I've always had the need to increase it, which I'm able to do quite effectively in Adobe Camera Raw. It has been part of my normal workflow for years (since the early '90's).

-- hide signature --

Frank Paris

FrankParis's gear list:FrankParis's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PM1 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow