PC-E Why does Nikon let Canon crush it in this area?

Started Dec 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
OP bigpigbig Senior Member • Posts: 1,738
Re: PC-E Why does Nikon let Canon crush it in this area?

Hagelman wrote:

LarryK wrote:

Your premise is flawed. Nobody is crushing anybody in this arena. The new 24 Canon is good, the old one was junk, the 45 is still junk and the 90 is quite good.

Nikon's new 85 is quite good and the old 85 was quite good, the 45 is junk and the 24 is good.

The 17 Canon is interesting, but really, when are you going to use it?

If you want "Crushing" go to the wide angles where the 16-35L II is junk and the 14-24 Nikkor is arguably the bet wide angle zoom ever made.

Just my opinions, but they're all based on ownership and years of usage.

"The 45 is junk" Are you kidding me? This len is amazing. I don't understand all the trash talk on Nikon's PCE's. The image quality on the 45 and 85 is incredible. The movements work fine and if you want both axis, send it in.

I think you are misinformed. If you want both axes, you can not have it. You can send it in to have it changed, but the change is still fixed. For me, this is unacceptable.

bigpigbig's gear list:bigpigbig's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
glo
(unknown member)
Ian
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow