GF5 or LX7?
I kind of just went through this. I was a Nikon P7100 shooter for the convenience and carry ability. It has a longer, albeit, slower lens. I can't speak to the LX7 which looks sweet no doubt, but with P7100 RAW write times were long even with a fast card, and image quality while good is not m43. The camera was almost as big as a GF5 with one of the pancakes or the 14-42 PZ. Long story short, I sold the P7100 and replaced it with a GF3, which doesn't have the IQ of the GF5, and haven't missed a single thing about it including the articulated screen. As a "social" camera the GF5 would be top notch in my estimation. I'd like to replace the GF3 with the GF5 at some point.
As a side note I never did carry the P7100 in my pocket, but I do occasionally pockt the GF3.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%