PC-E Why does Nikon let Canon crush it in this area?

Started Dec 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
OP bigpigbig Senior Member • Posts: 1,727
Re: PC-E Why does Nikon let Canon crush it in this area?

LarryK wrote:

Your premise is flawed. Nobody is crushing anybody in this arena. The new 24 Canon is good, the old one was junk, the 45 is still junk and the 90 is quite good.

Nikon's new 85 is quite good and the old 85 was quite good, the 45 is junk and the 24 is good.

The 17 Canon is interesting, but really, when are you going to use it?

If you want "Crushing" go to the wide angles where the 16-35L II is junk and the 14-24 Nikkor is arguably the bet wide angle zoom ever made.

Just my opinions, but they're all based on ownership and years of usage.

For me it is more about the movements than anything else. I want LF view camera type experience with my D800E. I know it will not be the same, but limiting the axes of tilt and shift is just inexplicable. Especially when Nikon will change it for you (shows there is no limitation keeping it from being user switchable). Also, the Canon 24 MKII vs the Nikon 24 in terms of image quality seem miles apart (CA and distortion).

If Nikon released 24, 45 and 85 tomorrow with flexible Axes T and S I go and buy them. Canon already offers them. But they are miles behind the D800E in high resolution IQ.

bigpigbig's gear list:bigpigbig's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
glo
(unknown member)
Ian
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow