PC-E Why does Nikon let Canon crush it in this area?

Started Dec 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
LarryK Senior Member • Posts: 1,956
Re: PC-E Why does Nikon let Canon crush it in this area?

Glen78 wrote:

Perhaps, although it seems to this point Nikon has not made T-S lenses a priority. I guess this presents a real dilemma for the shooter for whom tilt-shift is important. Do you either go with the system with better lens selection with more features (Canon) or with the system that has better sensors at base ISO (Nikon). At the professional level many pros skip DSLR setups and opt for film or a MF digital back mounted on a field camera so there is leakage of potential users at the top end as well. I agree that tilt-shift is still a viable market but is it viable enough for Nikon to put the considerable cost into developing a new product that will have low volume sales. I'm not sure that it is but I guess we will find out over the next couple years.

Nikon brought out three Tilt-Shift lenses at the same time less than five years ago, how is that not a priority?

Canon TS offering with the exception of the new 24 and the 17 are ancient, and it's about time they upgraded them.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
glo
(unknown member)
Ian
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow