Barndoor light shaping

Started Dec 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Sailor Blue
Sailor Blue Forum Pro • Posts: 11,611
Re: Barndoor light shaping

Quantum Help wrote:

What the OP is looking for is not a gobo, but a cucoloris or "cookie". Gobos are to block light from falling on the lens or other parts of the scene. Cookies are used to project a pattern, including a rectangular shape on the background.

Here is a link to read more about "cookies"

Gobos and cookies - six of one, half a dozen of the other.

The term gobo is frequently and incorrectly used but the correct term for what is used to block light is "flag".  It took me awhile to learn the correct terms too.

-- hide signature --

Living and loving it in Bangkok, Thailand. Canon 7D - See the gear list for the rest.

 Sailor Blue's gear list:Sailor Blue's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Canon EOS 7D Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +10 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow