New RX100 user, tips wanted

Started Dec 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
OP Allan Senior Member • Posts: 1,041
Re: New RX100 user, tips wanted

Thanks Liz! That OP/TECH USA case looks pretty good. I like that it closes using a magnetic snap instead of a zipper.

Liz Z. wrote:

Allan wrote:

Thanks! I will definitely order an external charger and extra battery. As for a case, I haven't decided whether to just get a Lowe Pro locally or maybe try one of those Olympus neoprene cases I saw earlier this year when I was lurking here.

I also plan on getting a beefier wrist strap. Don't know if I want a grip yet or not. I haven't had any trouble holding it so far because I have small hands.

I would be wary of those Olympus neoprene cases. Some folks were able to tweak them to make the camera get in there, but for others (myself included) there was no way to get the camera case to close around the camera. It was simply too small.

This case from eBay works perfectly if you use a wrist strap and want something from neoprene. I was quite happy with it until I decided to use a neck strap.

Case from eBay, above, $6.97

If you decide to use a neck strap (or even if you don't) the case pictured below is a perfect fit as well:

Op/tech Snappeez, Large

Allan's gear list:Allan's gear list
Sony RX100 Fujifilm XF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Fujifilm X-A1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow