Shoulder strap ruins D-800

Started Nov 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
nonuniform Regular Member • Posts: 463
Re: Comfort

spqr_ca wrote:

M Lammerse wrote:

Hi Jim,

I never ever got the understanding why people want to connect their neck/shoulderstrap at the most unlogic/instable place of a camera, at the bottom.

It's actually quite comfortable and it's pretty easy to grasp and sling the camera into action (like drawing a pistol). I had the dual-camera strap and when I was out with two cameras, it was also substantially less strain on my shoulders and neck in comparison to other straps.

At any rate, I'm not as comfortable doing this with my D800 as I was with my K-5s, so I've switched back to a more traditional strap (though not the supplied one) with good padding. Better safe than sorry.

I've never enjoyed a camera around my neck, I dunno how people do it! Seriously though, I've created a number of straps that loop across my chest like the BR, but that attach at the standard strap points. The deal with the BR strap is that it's comfortable, can be quickly moved into position by sliding along the strap, and is out of the way if you're using two bodies.

What I've done in the past, is have a camera pack on a belt, with the strap setup across my chest. The camera is protected, but ready to go when I need it.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
BJN
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow