FZ200 in UK - PAL or NTSC, does it matter?

Started Dec 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
OP Mikedigi Forum Pro • Posts: 10,583
Re: FZ200 in UK - PAL or NTSC, does it matter?

Jerry045 wrote:

Mike:

For normal still pictures that is no factor.

So... Are you going to take any videos? What are you going to play them back on?

Most modern day TV's automatically select between NTSC and PAL. That way a manufacturer can sell his TV's anywhere. Does your TV?

Your PC should format either mode on video playback.

I suspect you might discourage a few potential buyers when it comes time to sell locally if they are hung up on the video modes.

I personally do not use my camera for video.

Now, the real question should be... Can you get any warranty repairs, should you need them, on a camera that was made for a different geographic area? We call those grey market cameras here in the Colonies, and some manufacturer's will not honor a warranty on those cameras.

Thanks Jerry, yes, you are right, and I check warranty details even if I buy on Ebay.

E.g. one Hong Kong supplier offers a nice-sounding 2-year warranty, but the first thing you have to do in case of problems is send the thing back to Hong Kong at your own expense!

Best to wait for the no-brainer Currys/PC World sale! I bought 2 DSLRs there already (they're long gone now).

Mike

Mikedigi's gear list:Mikedigi's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F20 Zoom Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow