A Question for Hosts re Voting Patterns

Started Dec 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
cmantx Senior Member • Posts: 1,394
Re: A Question for Hosts re Voting Patterns

Skylane wrote

You will see it in Shadows. What is the vote participation number and where are the personal stats? I do not believe I have the training or experience to rank other peoples photography. I could vote on the one or two entries that I think are above average as the system was designed for and recommended by DPR Staff. But you have made it clear that all entries in a challenge should be voted on. When I don't see a difference, they all get the same vote.

-- hide signature --

Why follow the suggestion that you should vote on every entry?

Other entrants may enter for the same reason that I do, to get some feedback on how they are doing as a hobbyist photographer. When I get a 5  I assume that it was someone that really liked my shot. Not the case with your voting.

If you don't see a shot in a challenge you think is exceptional why waste your time voting them all as 5's?

cmantx's gear list:cmantx's gear list
Sony SLT-A57 Sony a77 II Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow