Possible 7D mkII Spec.

Started Nov 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
40d_dane Senior Member • Posts: 1,034
Re: Possible 7D mkII Spec.

hjulenissen wrote:

40d_dane wrote:

Well, sorry, suggesting that a 200MP APS-C sensor would make much sense doesn't really add any credibility to your posts.

Then I suggest that you re-read the post where I mention 200MP, try to comprehend it, and discuss the subject rather than my person. Insulting me only makes you look like someone with poor arguements.

I didn't insult you. But since you seem offended I must have hit a sour toe.

And how many times oversampling does audio ADC/DAC's employ ? A lot more than a factor of two. And don't venture too far down the audio path. A lot of audiophile stuff is based on superstition rather than science.

Actually, the superstitious audiophools are using so-called "non-oversampling" DACs, with very dubious results.

The oversampling factor is really not the point. Even a 2x oversampling means that you can improve the total filtering function a lot (try designing an analog 20-20kHz passband lowpass filter that is e.g. 100dB down from 22050Hz and up. Then try the same when that stop-band frequency is at 44100 and everything in-between is the transition-band)

Your haven't thought this well through.

Well, that is not for you to deside. Feel free to offer arguments as to why I am wrong.

That's really not needed.

I don't care about image sensor performance at ISO 100. I never shoot below ISO 400 because I don't have the benefit of sufficient light for doing so. I care much more about DR and high ISO performance.

Well, that is your usage of this camera. You cannot base arguments about what is _possible_ in future cameras on what is _desirable_ for you.

Natually I base my wishes for my next camera on my needs. I would be a fool not to. I'm not basing any arguments about what's technically feasible on what I do or do not need in my next camera.

The benefit will be non-existent - most likely it will be a disadvantage.

Please enlighten me - are you saying that higher pixel pitch (everything else being equal) will result in worse pictures?

-h

I'm saying that decreasing pixel pitch significantly below the 7D pixel pitch will be like crossing the river to fetch water.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
AC1
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow