OMD E-M5 Vs G5?

Started Dec 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
texinwien Veteran Member • Posts: 3,326
Re: OMD E-M5 Vs G5?

Kim Letkeman wrote:

I have no G5 so I cannot commenton this but it makes sense as the sensor is essentially the same with MAR simply shut off.

I value those tests too ... but I have shot too many cameras that do not fare well on their tests to believe that skills at capture and in processing cannot bring things quite close ...

Off-topic and irrelevant. The technical capabilities of the cameras are being discussed here, not what is possible if a photographer has the skills to work around a camera's technical limitations during capture and processing.

You appear to be backing off of earlier claims, now. Before, the G5 was just as good as the E-M5. Now it seems that, while it may not be just as good, a skilled user can make up for the deficits by applying the correct techniques during capture and processing.

In other words, you're saying that the G5 is akin to a handicap when compared to the E-PL5 or the E-M5, but that a skilled sportsman will be able to overcome the handicap, anyway. The problem with this is that if two equally skilled sportsmen are competing, the one with the handicap will lose.

And that would be you.

tex

texinwien's gear list:texinwien's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 OnePlus One Canon EOS 300D +20 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow