Wait for E7 or just get a Nikon D5200 or Pentax K5 II or K30

Started Dec 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
SirSeth
SirSeth Veteran Member • Posts: 9,905
Re: Wait for E7 or just get a Nikon D5200 or Pentax K5 II or K30

sevenseas7 wrote:

Recently I visited New Mexico and shot fall colors with my E-330 and Fujica 670 medium format film camera. As usual I was very happy with my E-330 performance and images it produced. But the scanned 6x7 negative at 18 MB produced a beautiful image with plenty of detail that really impressed me. It got me thinking about Olympus and its limitations with the 4/3 sensor and purchasing a camera with a larger sensor.

I believe Olympus has the technical skill to create a first class camera that can easily capture a larger market share, but only if they abandon the 4/3 sensor and create a full frame sensor camera.

I recommend you look for a camera company that can provide you a camera with a larger sensor with 1-2 excellent lens in their lineup that you would be happy with.

There are many reasons to go big (and I assume you mean 35mm), but to get IQ better than the E-330 is not one of them. You can do that with almost every DSLR and mirrorless camera produced in the past 2 years.

Cheers,

Seth

-- hide signature --

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
--
wallygoots.smugmug.com
wallygoots.blogspot.com

SirSeth's gear list:SirSeth's gear list
Olympus E-1 Sony Alpha a7 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow