Lens Comparison 50mm - Sharpness & Bokeh (4 lenses)
got bored today and decided to compare some lenses in terms of sharpness & bokeh.
Olympus Zuiko 50 f1.8
Jupiter-8 50 f2 (M39 LTM)
Sony Kit 1855
Sigma 50-200 HSM OS
All images taken at ISO200, manual focus on 5N. I compensated exposure very slightly on Sigma, as i lost daylight during test.
SHARPNESS (100% crops)
- f2 Zuiko & Jupiter bokeh looks surprisingly similar
- f4 Jupiter's 10 blades seem to produce some more & softer bokeh
- f16 Sony seems to produce least blurry far focus
- Jupiter seems a touch clearer than Zuiko up until 5.6, then it's even
- Jupiter has slight yellow tint
- Zuiko seems to produce a lighter image, Sigma a darker image under same conditions. Yes, that was the order i shot in, but Jupiter is darker already, only 5min later.
sel5018 would have been interesting to see, but i never picked one up. and now i m holding out for sel3518.
|Post (hide subjects)||Posted by||When|
|Dec 9, 2012||2|