Wait for E7 or just get a Nikon D5200 or Pentax K5 II or K30

Started Dec 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
daddyo Forum Pro • Posts: 12,478
Aspire...

These are very nice floral photos for sure -- thanks for sharing.

Given your situation, I would seriously recommend considering buying an E-5. Unless you are very serious about video, the E-5 does a nice job with video and will work well. It is still a really outstanding camera with decent high ISO performance, super built quality, fast AF, and excellent image quality -- a huge step up from the E-510.

You could consider finding a very clean used or refurbished E-5 and put the extra $$ into some more 4/3 glass.

Just because the E-5 is a bit dated, it is still a fantastic imaging tool that will give great service for years. I own two of them, and one of my images taken with the E-5 and 50mm is still used by Olympus America on their main website gallery page -- they haven't replaced it in several years just because they have newer gear on the market.

While Canon, Nikon, Sony, and Pentax offer excellent systems, switching brands is an expensive proposition -- and you will not get anything that will capture better images without dropping a boat load of cash.

God Bless,

Greg

www.imagismphotos.com

www.mccroskery.zenfolio.com

www.pbase.com/daddyo

daddyo's gear list:daddyo's gear list
Olympus 12-40mm F2.8
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow