Anyone view images on a tablet?

Started Nov 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
OP fanboy6 Senior Member • Posts: 1,472
Re: Anyone view images on a tablet?

Soob wrote:

If you root your Nexus and install the Stickmount app you can use your Nexus to read/write through USB. This may or may not be useful to you, and may or may not void warranty (if the hardware is defective warranty is valid but might be harder to proce it's a hardware issue if rooted).

google XDA developers for more information on root.

I'm looking into whether I can use the Nexus7 as a ultrabook/netbook replacement when travelling light for moving files around between SDHC and USB storage. I have no idea if 2 USB devices can be mounted concurrently.

Thanks for that bit of info!  I was just reading up on rooting and weighing whether it was worth it or not.  I want to know more about what options are available that you can't use without rooting.  Backing up and such isn't that big a deal to me, but adding functionality like what you suggested may be.

fanboy6's gear list:fanboy6's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A500 Sony SLT-A77 Sony a77 II Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow