Tethering the new iPad to Nikon DSLRs

Started Mar 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
slidewilson Regular Member • Posts: 248
Re: What I consider weak is...

Hi Michael,

I've been following this thread since its inception but some of the tech-speak is a bit past my knowledge. If I'm right, I think we're comparing two different wireless/tethering systems (or more?) that offer differ things. Could you confirm or correct for me the wireless/tethering options as being:

1) Camranger (discussed previously): Positives: Some great features for connectivity that seem to have the answer for what a lot of professionals want when tethering/wireless controlling. An iOS app that seems to be very well-designed. Downside: price @ $300. Are there other perceived downsides to this product? Strength of signal as well?

2) Your wireless option: a stronger network at a much lower price ($130?). Downsides: A fair amount of knowledge required and some DIY. Not entirely clear what tablets are supported and how that works.

3) Another option?

Am I on the right track? Would be interesting to make a straight pros-and-cons chart on this one. Please enlighten me.. and please use the "talk to me like I'm 5 years old" approach regarding the tech stuff

Thanks!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow