Shot with RX1 Today..my Observation.

Started Dec 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
o Conlocha Regular Member • Posts: 283
Re: Shot with RX1 Today..my Observation.

tesilab wrote:

o Conlocha wrote:

sean lancaster wrote:

o Conlocha wrote:

I'm hearing loads of stuff about this camera and it seems everyone is going nuts! The thing doesn't focus well in low light, hunting too much etc. It isn't a professional camera if it doesn't work well in poor light, it isn't a professional camera if it doesn't have a viewfinder. The grip is poor, it's not well weather sealed etc etc.

All I am hearing is wishful thinking from anyone who has one or is going to buy one.

Regards

A critical Pro

Well, either you're not hearing stuff here on dpreview or you're a critical Pro, but not a critical listener.

Well what I hear is the following:

overpriced

Bad in low light

no viewfinder

hard to grip

fixed lens

poor battery life

No charger

soft edges

Expensive accessories

etc etc etc etc

We'll rip you off and , next year we'll improve a couple of points and jack up the price another 500, but you'll pay because you're the easy market we love

I rest my case, for 3000 I expect most of these things to be covered, in the box.

The Sony A99 answers most of these charges for the same price.

It seems you just don't have an appreciation for what it takes to make a product this small. If it were so easily done, and for what it is could be done for significantly less, then why haven't we seen another compact, less expensive FF camera anywhere?

Oh so appreciation should cost top dollar? Is that what you're saying?  Why we haven't seen one is fairly obvious, Sony have a first on the market and by being first they are charging top dollar, in a year's time the same type of camera will be 30% of that price as soon as the posse catch up

o Conlocha's gear list:o Conlocha's gear list
Sony Alpha a7R Fujifilm X-T1
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow