The Nikon 24mm lens is a tack sharp piece of gear! (img) Locked

Started Dec 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
G4orce Studios Senior Member • Posts: 1,284
Re: Speaking of idiots, LOL!

Just Having Fun wrote:

Try getting a D600 to shoot at F/1.4 and 1/4000th in auto mode. Please, quit posting your lack of knowledge.

I am starting to wonder if you are purposely trying to make Neil look better than you.

Just Having Fun wrote:

Try getting a D600 to shoot at F/1.4 and 1/4000th in auto mode. Please, quit posting your lack of knowledge.

I am starting to wonder if you are purposely trying to make Neil look better than you.

Hmmm. Perhaps I am misinterpreting what an exif viewer showed, for his pic. It says "auto exposure mode." I just looked at a few shots from my D600, in the same viewer, and the other modes (P, A, S, M) are clearly defined and listed in the exif viewer.

Did you look at the exif data? I admit I do not normally look at exif data, outside of processing my own photos in Aperture, but the viewer that I used (Jeffery's exif viewer) clearly said this pic was taken in auto mode and showed the different modes, when I viewed data for my own pics. What am I missing here?

regex.info/exif.cgi
If I misinterpreted the exif viewer, I apologize. If not, then it is you, Just Having Fun, that is a douche.

This forum is much different from the D90 forum. While calling out Neil out and joining the fray was a bit of comedy relief for a few days, it seems obvious that, for me, this place is not going to be beneficial, which is a shame, since I learned so much from interacting with people on the D90 forum and became a better photographer because of it.

I would never attack someone for posting a photo, no matter now bad, if the person was honest about wanting to get better and was not a moronic troll, like Neil. I just responded to Neil attacking the first post I made in this forum and immediately developed a strong dislike for him. It seems I am not alone, in that regard.

It is unfortunate that, other than a source of comedy relief when bored, this forum, in it's current condition, will be little use to me, as an aspiring photographer, looking to get better and expand my photography business.

Unlike some of the other forums I have frequented around here, since about 2005, this forum is especially loaded with too many trolls like Neil and self-righteous gear geeks. Posting photos and having serious conversation about them seems to be frowned upon by many of the gear geeks.

That sucks.
Enjoy your dysfunctional garbage pit. I am off to shoot my next concert and continue to enjoy my D600. I would love to post some shots from gigs this weekend and learn how to make them better, but this doesn't seem like the place. That also sucks.

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
RVO
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow