Leather half cases for the E-PM2
I posted this on fourthirds, but I figured I would also post it here.
As many of you know, I got an aki-asahi leather 1/2 case for my E-P2, which I really like.
During the latest black friday sale in the USA, I picked up a white Olympus E-PM2 with silver 14-42mm lens. I'm starting to think about getting a leather 1/2 case for it. At the moment, Aki-asahi doesn't have an E-PM2 case available, but I've found some cases on ebay. I wandering if people had any experience with these cases?
- TP leather case designed by Allen Wang. There are several ebay shops selling the same case, but this one (Jason's Photo Forest) has the case in various colors, including white. Given the camera body is white, I was thinking of going with the white leather. At $43 it is a reasonable price. One concern is screw that connects the case to the bag doesn't look that deep, so I wonder how steady it would be on a tripod, screwed into the base of the screw. The ebay link is: http://www.ebay.com/itm/251193455276?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649
- Here is the same case from a different seller in the brown: http://www.ebay.com/itm/290825371860?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649
- Gariz leather case. This case is a little more expensive, and so I would have to plan when to buy it, since I also need to pay off the E-PM2. I really like the base where you can take out the battery and memory card without taking off the case. From the pictures, it looks like I would have access to the wired shutter release port, but it isn't called out in the description. If it came in white, it probably would be less of an issue. Gariz makes white cases for some of the other mirrorless cameras, just not the E-PM2 at this point. The ebay link is: http://www.ebay.com/itm/121015000828?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649
- This no-name case comes as a full case (a so called ever-ready case), but you can remove the top half of the case. If I went with this option, I would probably never use the top half. I felt those cases were ugly in the 1970's, and still feel so (but I love the feel of the camera in a 1/2 leather case). I suspect at this price, the leather is fake leather. The ebay link is: http://www.ebay.com/itm/400347804157?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649
- Finally Olympus has a version of the 1/2 case. From the picture, it looks like it is very minimal, and you wouldn't have the feel of leather underneath the right hand grip. Like a lot of Olympus accessories, it is overpriced for what it is. The B&H pre-order page is: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/894682-REG/Olympus_v601059ww000_CS_38B_Protective_Jacket_For.html
At this point, people might not have experience with the E-PM2 cases, but do you have any experience with these cases on the older Olympus bodies? Thanks in advance.