Question regarding moire on 6D
Can you supply links?
I have the impression that the 5Dmk3 actually reads all of its sensels, does a software downscale before saving as 1080p video frame.
The 5Dmk2 used a simpler approach where only a subset of sensor lines were read, and more or less directly saved as video frame (after some unknown debayer algo).
If the 6D is more like the 5Dmk2 (perhaps due to sensor read-out speed), then I dont think that any software fix will generally be able to cure all aliasing problems. Using a large aperture (diffraction blur) and avoiding scenes with high-frequency periodic patterns (like roofs, fences) might be your best bet.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Flower in flower by atdigit|
from Random Items Challenge 26
|Surface tension by atdigit|
from Right in the middle
|A Normal Dat at Thomas's Clap 2016-9379 by Andrew Maltzoff|
from Show us SCHOOL!