Informal poll: How many of you are "hybrid" shooters?

Started Dec 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
rrr_hhh Veteran Member • Posts: 6,022
Re: Video in portrait mode

Guy Parsons wrote:

Sort of maybe half way between 1 & 2.

Mostly stills, a few random videos to set the overall scene (so some of the stills make more sense), or to capture interesting movements/sounds.

On trains then stills out the window are a bit useless so will video more to pass the time.

My wife (on her Casio pocket camera) keeps taking videos in portrait format, that does make life interesting later at home turning the monitor on its side to view it.

Regards...... Guy

Ha ha ha ! I did that too, the first time i shot a movie. But now, since I have PC monitors which can be rotated to 90% and with the iPads and other tablets available, it could make sense to shoot videos in portrait format too, when it makes more sense with the content ! Filming a series on skyscrapers may be nicer when done in portrait mode. Same for filming standing persons. With the light flat format TV available now, it could be something more interesting than 3D TV : think of it, what about a panel which would switch automatically from landscape to portrait and vice versa depending on the sensor orientation ?

-- hide signature --

rrr_hhh

rrr_hhh's gear list:rrr_hhh's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS 6D Sony Alpha a7R Olympus E-M5 II Sony Alpha a7R II +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ayt
FFS
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow