Informal poll: How many of you are "hybrid" shooters?

Started Dec 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
rrr_hhh Veteran Member • Posts: 6,022
Re: Informal poll: How many of you are "hybrid" shooters? 1 for me

tomnorth wrote:

A recent thread comparing the GH3 to the D800 got me wondering how many folks are hybrid shooters, meaning they move back and forth between still photography and video freely within the same shoot. I'm curious what camp folks fall into of the categories listed below:

1. Almost exclusively a stills shooter
  2. Mostly stills with some video mixed in
  3. Stills and video, captured within the same shoot (i.e. hybrid shooter)
  4. Stills and video, but not on the same shoot...different projects
  5. Mostly video with some stills mixed in
  6. Almost exclusively a video shooter

I will self identify as being in category 1.

1) too. The E-P1 was my first camera with video capabilities. Tried it once or twice and got crap, never went further; tried it again with G3 and an OIS lens, same crap due to shaky hands. Thought that things would change with the new OM-D IBIS. Indeed, it is very effective. Tried once at the beginning... But never again untill yesterday when I filmed the snow storm (no great results due to darkness and bad visibility) and the morning after the guys taking the snow away on the parking lot behind the house. I was surprised by the good results..

But really, I'm mostly a stills shooters and don't really care for video. I find that I have still much to learn to take well composed pictures and don't want to loose focus with something else/new to learn.

Since this is mostly a photography list, you may get biased results. I bet that if you were asking the same questions on a video oriented forum, the answers would be different.

-- hide signature --

rrr_hhh

rrr_hhh's gear list:rrr_hhh's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS 6D Sony Alpha a7R Olympus E-M5 II Sony Alpha a7R II +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ayt
FFS
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow