OMD E-M5 Vs G5?

Started Dec 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
Lawrence Becker Regular Member • Posts: 395
Love the G5's Blue Button!

Coming from a Canon 1DIII and 5DII, and LOTS of heavy "L" glass, I wanted something good, small. Not horribly expensive, interchangeable lenses, 16mp sensor or more, AND something that had a decent auto mode for travel and casual photography along with the ability to go manual if necessary, quick focus, and some video capabilities. The G5 hit all the  marks, and continues to impress.  The Blue Button auto mode is very intelligent and makes as good or better choices than I would for settings- usually...

As others have mentioned, the the grip on the G5 makes it easy to handle, the articulating screen is very nice, and editing the raw files in 64 bit mode in Photoshop is also great.

What lenses are you considering? I keep the 14-140 on it most of the time and am pleased with the quality. I also really like my 7-14 and 100-300 for general photography, although the new 2.8 constant aperture 12-35 and 35-100 lenses from Panasonic look really, really nice. Maybe if I add a GH3...

-- hide signature --

Larry Becker

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow