18-55 lens humming on X-E1
Still waiting for my X-E1, but I have another image-stabilized lens (not for X-series) that always uses power, whether IS is on or off. When off, it uses power to center the IS optic.
I wonder if this has any sort of impact on battery life in the X-E1 or Xpro1. If so, non-IS lenses such as the 35mm will give longer battery life.
Has anyone with more than one lens tried this test?
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%